Tuesday, October 25, 2016

A Welcome Light Post Guiding the Way

I am researching food in Mexico in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. On a previous visit, I found an excellent link to food history in Latin America, but this time I was looking specifically for historiographies of the Porfirian Era. In Spanish, I know it as “El Porfiriato,” which of course didn’t immediately surface. While browsing the Latin America section out of general interest, I stumbled across “Era of Porfirio Díaz, 1876–1911, The,” by William Beezley. What a trove! I was pleased to find several books I own and some I didn’t know I was looking for. While researching, I often find there are moments of feeling profoundly lost; this resource came along just at the right time. At the risk of quoting Tony Robbins, I will quote Tony Robbins: “Desperation precedes inspiration.” What an amazing resource. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment