Saturday, December 31, 2016

An Extensive and Valuable Resource



My experience with Oxford Bibliographies was wonderful. I was able to utilize this resource in my research of a Prohibition era attorney from Toledo, Ohio. Oxford Bibs helped me to locate the resources necessary to understanding the contexts surrounding the era and its relationship to organized crime. Wayne Hall and Sarah Yeates’ page on Alcohol and Drug Prohibition was especially helpful in my search for sources that would provide an historical overview and various perspectives on prohibition policy. Jay S. Albanese’s page on Organized Crime also offered several intriguing biographies from both criminal and police perspectives. These resources assisted me in immersing myself in the culture and complex relationships surrounding prohibition policy, crime and law enforcement.

I found Oxford Bibs website to be user friendly and easy to navigate. Especially helpful was the sidebar which displayed related articles to the ones I was viewing. This feature helped me further explore strands of literature I may not have stumbled upon myself. I am very grateful for the opportunity to use this invaluable resource, and it is a site I would readily recommend to fellow researchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment